Dr Catherine Macintosh relocated to the Sunshine Coast from Tamworth, NSW where she had a full time appointment as a Specialist Rehabilitation Physician at Tamworth Rural Referral Hospital.
Dr Catherine Macintosh grew up in Wollongong, NSW before attending The University of Washington, Seattle USA on a full gymnastics scholarship. She then went on to complete a Bachelor of Applied Science, Physiotherapy (with distinction) at the University of Sydney. Catherine worked as a physiotherapist both in Sydney and London before returning to Sydney to study medicine.
Catherine was awarded her medical degree from the University of Sydney in 2005. She spent most of her training in Rehabilitation Medicine at Tamworth Regional Referral Hospital and was awarded her Fellowship in Rehabilitation Medicine in 2014.
Catherine has always been passionate about team based, holistic care of individuals within the health system. She has a special interest in the care of older people, and she enjoys liaising with other specialists and GPs involved with the individual’s health to ensure continuity of care.
Catherine is happy to see referrals for:
- ambulatory rehabilitation programmes (Noosa Hospital)
- inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation care (Nambour Selangor Private Hospital)
Special interests include:
- Musculoskeletal rehabilitation: including orthopaedic conditions pre and post surgery, post trauma, chronic conditions, amputees
- Rehabilitation of the older person: including dementia, cognitive assessment, driving assessment, falls, and prevention of fragility fractures
- Deconditioning – post medical, surgical, and cancer
- Neuro-rehabilitation: including stroke, acquired brain injury, neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s Disease and other movement disorders
Catherine is married with three children and enjoys the coastal lifestyle on the Sunshine Coast.