How to Refer and Admit a Patient
What types of patients does Noosa Hospital accept?
- Privately insured patients – any patient that is covered by a private health fund.
- Self funded patients – the patient will provided with a cost estimation prior to their admission.
- Workers compensation – approval needs to be obtained from the insurance company prior to admission.
- Overseas patients – we accept overseas patients if their insurance company provides the necessary approval prior to admission.
- Veteran Affairs patients.
- Some public patients – limited services (Queensland Health contract)
3 STEPS TO REFER AND ADMIT A PATIENT
STEP 1 - Complete this request to admit form in full as all the information is important
- Click on link to access and complete the Request to Admit form
STEP 2 - Send the completed form to this email
- Click here to email NOH - Bed Managers OR fax the form to 07 5455 9488 (7.30am - 3.30pm) or 07 5455 9575 (after hours from 3.30pm – 7.30am)
STEP 3 - CALL BED MANAGERS TO DIRECT ADMIT A PRIVATE PATIENT 07 5455 9520*
*It is important to call the Bed Manager after you have emailed or faxed your completed form to initiate the referral for the patient to be admitted. The patient must wait either at the GP practice or at home if they are well enough. If the patient is too unwell to do this, they must attend an Emergency Department.
*An admission is dependent on the availability of a bed and a Noosa Hospital accepting clinician to accept care of the patient.